3 Star Resort Les Horizons du Lac
Chorges - Lac de Serre-Ponçon
Our promotions of the moment
The most beautiful stories begin with a link...
Find yourself in a quiet and friendly atmosphere in a naturally preserved environment. A confidential address in search of clean air. Our credo is simple: opt for the well-being of body and mind. Disconnect and enjoy!
Discover the Southern Alps
Hiking around the lake, a few fathoms in the heated swimming pool and sauna, I call it a good day! And that's nothing compared to tomorrow: Sophrology session on waking up, initiation to mountain biking with breaks in the local craftsmen and visit of the mountain villages, while the little ones perfect their evening show at the Club.
At an altitude of 800 m, in the heart of the Southern Alps, your club and your Serre-du-Villard residence welcome you for a wellness stay in the mountains. Close to Embrun and the lake of Serre Ponçon, you will be welcomed on an exceptional site, made of nature, sport and health!
In extra charge: the Serre-Ponçon Écrins mountain office offers guided hikes and excursions to discover the region.
Exploring and Visiting
From our Three-star Serre-du-Villard Club, you will be ideally placed to discover the mountain region of Embrun and the Southern Alps in general.
The Embrun region:
The town of Embrun overlooks Lake Serre-Ponçon and offers you delightful walks between the lake and the mountains, ending in its maze of ancient streets. For lovers of nature and the open air, you should be aware that Serre-du-Villard lies at the foot of the Écrins National Park. Finally, not far from Embrun, explore Savines, a village that was entirely reconstructed when the dam was constructed.
Lake Serre Ponçon:
A small paradise where you can practice many activities: water sports, Mountain bike, Horseback riding, ponies, donkeys, fishermen not being forgotten.
Discover the largest water reservoir in France, fed on the Hautes-Alpes side by the Durance river, on the Alpes de Haute-Provence side by the Ubaye river, The Provençal climate, adapted equipment and the purest water make the Serre-Ponçon lake.
The Southern Alps:
There are so many unique places to visit, including Barcelonette, the Mexican city, the Queyras Valley with the magnificent gorges of Guil and St-Véran, Gap, Briançon, the famous peaks of Lautaret, Izoard and Galibier.
With the family, the silver mine and its museum in Argentière-la-Bessée or the museum of charcuterie mist in Les Crots.
The Animal Park of Serre-Ponçon:
For young and old. This animal park is ideal to discover with your family: marmots, foxes, Saarloo wolf dogs as well as all the farm animals, rabbits, chickens, guinea pigs, small goats,...
The awakening of the groundhogs: The park opens at the end of the hibernation of the groundhogs. Quench your thirst for curiosity thanks to the park's animators and caretakers who will make you attend the commented feeding, discover their life, their cycle of reproduction, etc.
This park also offers educational shows with commentary on birds of prey: eagles, owls, falcons, vultures, storks... which move freely above your heads!
Find out without delay all the proposed activities:
- Impression Creation Workshop
- Playground for children
- Swimming supervised (at 800m)
- Family games with traditional wooden games and wild animal print workshop.
- Shaded picnic area
- Snack - Ice Bar
- Memories and photo booths
To be practiced nearby:
- Snowshoes, skiing.
- Climbing, via ferrata, mountain biking...
- Water sports and white water activities: water skiing, windsurfing, paddle, kayaking, canoeing, Embrun aquapark...
- Paragliding or hot air balloon flight....
- With an extra charge: the Serre-Ponçon Écrins mountain office offers snowshoe hikes from Réallon and guided excursions to discover the region.
Three resorts are accessible from the club, all benefiting from abundant winter shown and lovely sunny days:
Reallon – Southern Alps (20 minutes away, altitude 1560 to 2135 m)
A family village resort with 30 km of very varied Alpine ski runs at the gates of the Ecrins National Park, 25 km of cross-country skiing runs, 12 ha of artificial snow and various signposted paths for snowshoe walking. The resort with its north-eastern aspect guarantees good snowfall. Equipment hire and French Ski School courses on the nursery slopes.
Special offer: during the February holidays, a shuttle runs several times a day, linking Serre-du-Villard to the nursery slopes of Réallon. ((8€ for a round trip per person)
Ancelle – Southern Alps (30 minutes away, altitude 1340 to 1807 m)
A family resort, 19 Alpine ski runs and 30 km of cross-country skiing runs.
Les Orres – Southern Alps (40 minutes away, altitude 1650 à 2720 m)
88 km of Alpine ski runs, snow park, beginners’ skiing area, 40 km of cross-country ski runs, signposted paths for walks in snow-shoes. The high standard makes it ideal for experienced skiers.
Discover all our mountain destinations for your next winter sports holiday! +More information
From April to late November
Hiking and Rambling
In the Ecrins National Park or around Serre-Ponçon Lake there are numerous signposted paths for every level that will enable you to discover the multiple treasures that the region has to offer.
The new biking area in the Vallées du Gapençais of the Southern Alps offers more than 800 km of varied mountain biking routes at between 500 and 2000 m altitude.
Starting in April, mountain bike rental and two guided excursions per week from the club.
Various organised instruction (sailing, catamarans, optimists, sailboarding, caravelle, etc.) in summer on Serre-Ponçon Lake.
As well as...
For lovers of high excitement, mountain-climbing, via ferrata, paragliding, parachuting, rock-climbing, plane or helicopter rides, canoeing, kayaking, white-water rafting and more.
OUR PRICES INCLUDE
- HALF-BOARD PACKAGE: Accommodation with half board (breakfast and dinner), entertainment for children and adults at the periods indicated, access to the club's sports facilities, daily cleaning. Free Wifi in the lounges. Outside parking. Secured bike room.
- UNLIMITED DRINKS PACKAGE (during the school holidays): At the restaurant: during meals, red, rosé or white wine carafe. At the bar: (depends on opening hours): soda, draught beer, aperitif (kir, aniseed-flavoured alcohol, and regional alcohol), hot drinks, detox drinks, sparkling water... For children: Fruit syrup, soda, hot drinks, ice-creams, snacks...
This option is obligatorily sold for all persons (adults, children) in the same file who have chosen the half-board or full board formula. Wearing the corresponding bracelet is mandatory. Alcohol is dangerous for your health, consume in moderation. Alcohols will only be served 1 hour before and 1 hour after the restaurant opens.
- FULL-BOARD PACKAGE: Accommodation 7 days / 7 nights full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner), entertainment for children and adults at the times indicated, access to the club's sports facilities, daily cleaning. Tourist tax and drinks not included. Supplement of 119€/week.
Full board includes meals from dinner on the first day to breakfast on the day of departure.
- RENTAL FORMULA: Accommodation, TV, bathroom and household linen, cleaning kit, entertainment for children and adults at the indicated periods, access to the club's sports facilities. Free Wifi in the lounges. Outdoor parking. Secured bike room. * Comfort formula included for stays from 1 to 3 nights.
- Options: End of stay cleaning - Comfort formula - Animals*
OUR PRICES DO NOT INCLUDE
- Additional options, file fees, comprehensive insurance with cancellation without cause offered, tourist taxes payable on site.
* Cats and small dogs accepted (less than 8kg). Only 1 animal per accommodation, not allowed in the common areas. Dangerous animals are not allowed.